Monday, July 22, 2013

Raining Shards Inflamed

I am angry. I am enraged. Life force fills me in the guise of action. Heated, I am. Inflamed I break down matter, that new life may be born from the ashes.

But what's this? I have no guidance! Where is my center of being? Where is my still point? Where am I in this space and what I am doing?



If only I had asked those questions before chaos ensued in my kitchen.
If only I had stopped and taken a deep breath and aligned myself so that the actions I made in my anger would liberate me. Yes, anger can liberate. We can take our anger and curve the flow into an act towards liberation.

Yell! Let your voice tell of the tale of injustice! Shout! Tell the world how you have been hurt. Scream! Bellow your frustration and remind all that you will not submit your life force, for you have the power to make things right again and be whole unto yourself.

But you must be centered.

Without centering, without finding the place of stillness within your being and acting from that still place, anger will not only ensue, but consume, like a Colorado wildfire cutting through the many homes of its residents and burning all their hearts in the most hurtful of ways; you are prone to hurting people, hurting yourself. Without my centering, I am a chaotic force of life with no connection to the order of life, dangerous, unyielding. Without being rooted in our center, we don't have access to the voice within that helps us make the right choices, healthy decisions, and without a center, we definitely are not working from a place of love, that universal flow which ultimately brings all things together, for the sake of (re)union.


Uncentered anger showed me that my soul becomes splintered. I was shown this by the way it had me eradicated, my forceful movements in array as I put the dishes away from the dishwasher. A large and quite thick bowl I had, bigger than my head, came crashing down from the shelf accidentally, breaking into big chunks and the smallest, almost unnoticeable pieces of glass, spilling out to impressively far places.

I'm still angry for certain reasons. But having to be so careful about not getting glass in me, some big shards already having cut both my thighs, a beaded strip of rich red blood perfusing on one, a point on the other, I gave myself no other option but to center that anger enough to let me do my work without it interfering. And breathing into my stillness and into my heart, letting it soften, allowing in at least as much compassion as I was able to let pass through at that moment, I got minutely emotional. Anger settled at the edges. A space opened, and I did the meticulous work of cleaning up all the hundreds of shards in caution and in more understanding than I gave myself beforehand.

That's real magic right there. 

Centering, breathing into ease, releasing tension, channeling built-up energy towards a certain goal, coming back into stillness, replenishing life with life. Not easy work. Like I said, I'm still angry. And know what? That's okay. It's okay to be angry. But you gotta be centered. Centered, you can channel that strong energy towards a goal aligned with your divine self and with divine Gods. Uncentered, you are unaligned. Unaligned means all the parts that make up your being are splintered, pieces falling into unimaginable and sometimes untraceable places. You are nowhere near your own freedom. You are far from it. You lose yourself. And no one likes to be lost.



If you never want to lose yourself or are already feeling lost, find your center of being. Breathe into it. Breathe into it always. As often as you can. As often as you remember. Be found. Use your innate power, the power you were given since before birth. Let this power liberate your being. Regroup. Feel free.


May you be liberated. May you liberate. May freedom truly ring.

No comments:

Post a Comment